How to resolve HP Printer offline issues?
When there is insufficient communication between the system and the printer, the control panel of the printer displays the printer offline message.
There can be a number of reasons for this issue.
Most common reasons include the corrupted driver or firewall software.
How to resolve HP Printer offline issues:
- To resolve HP printer offline issues, first, you need to check whether your system is on airplane mode and if yes, disable it.
- For the wired network, you need to check whether the wires and cables are perfectly connected.
- For the wireless network, you require to reconfigure the printer to the network.
- Uninstall the printer driver and then re-install the upgraded software and printer driver.
- Remove/delete the name of the printer from the available results’ list and then add the printer’s name employing the HP Printer Assistant Software.
- If your printer employs the USB connection then connect the wire to the standard TCP/IP Port or to the USB 4 port.
- Deactivate the firewall software for some time.
- In case the problem is with the software, do certain changes in the settings and reactive it.
- Ensure that the printer is not connected to a host or guest network.
How to reconnect printer wirelessly:
Like all latest electronic devices reconfiguring can be pivotal to match the settings to the current network protocols. Why and how the wireless printer property brought into use?
You must notice that decades back, the printer devices and PCs were interconnected with the large cables.
Hence, the presence of those large cables needed an organization to boost the physical structure of the offices.
Envision many a meter of large cables had to be required in order to finish the operating native space network, that is a lot of cables creep around.
Resultantly, the wireless property has already taken the thunder crack from formidable wired connections.
So, we can safely say that a wireless printer property was exactly introduced to get the offices rid of ponderous and unpleasant interconnected cables.
For a wireless HP printer, a series of steps are to be followed to resolve HP printer offline issues.
- Reboot the printer by turning it off and then turning it on again. Give the unit a few minutes to finish booting.
- After rebooting, verify your printer possess the feature of network connectivity. If your printer has been network unit then verify again whether its link light is flashing green.
- Now, log in to the computer employing the account, which possesses ‘Manage Printers’ just on the right of the printer. Well, commonly in many cases, the local administrator account is more than enough.
- First, click the ‘Start’ button and then the ‘Devices and Printers’ button.
- Before selecting the ‘See What is Printing’ in order to view the print spooler window, right-click on the ‘Printer’.
- Select and click on the ‘Printer’ and then click on‘Use Printer Offline’ to unselect the check mark. Now the printer must get online right away. In case that does not happen, continue with the following steps.
- Before you go back to the ‘Devices and Printers’, close that print spooler window.
- To download the latest driver to run the printer, open the Web browser. This driver lets you run the printer from the manufacturers’ website.
- Do follow the steps, which are shown to the driver in order to install it. In case, the printer is still offline, continue with the following steps.
- Click the ‘Start’ and ‘Control Panel’ buttons respectively.
- Without the quotation marks, type ‘Troubleshooting’ into the search box which resides on the upper right corner in the window. After that, the ‘Troubleshooting’ link would appear inside the main window, click it.
- Click ‘Use Printer’ appearing under the Hardware and Sound.
- Just follow the instruction on the screen. The troubleshooter would identify and also repair the issue. Otherwise, it will further extend suggestions to address the issue.