123.hp.com/setup HP DeskJet 2130:
HP DeskJet 2130 series is quite a light-weighted printer and has only USB connectivity options. Its functions include printing, copying, and scanning. Faxing and mobile-printing are not supported. The control panel display of this printer is 3.44 inches diagonally.
For more information, please visit 123.hp.com.
The weight of the printer is 3.52 kilograms, and the dimensions are 9.5×16.69×11.9 inches. Included in the packaging apart from the printer, are two cartridges: black and tri-color, as well as a CD for software installation, the power cord, and the user manual.
- The printing technology is the HP thermal inkjet.
- The input tray with a capacity of 60 sheets while the capacity of the output tray is only 25 sheets.
- Duplex printing is not automatic.
- The black and white draft resolution is 300×300 dpi (dots per image), while the color draft resolution is 300×300 dpi.
- The maximum black and white resolution is 1200×1200 dpi (dots per image), while the maximum color resolution is 4800×1200 dpi.
- The duty cycles are 1000 pages per month
- There are two printer cartridges: black and tri-color.
- The black and white as well as the color copying resolution is 600 x 300 dpi.
- The scanner flatbed size is 21.6 x 29.7 cm; the optical scan resolution is up to 1200×1200 dpi.
Setting up the printer:
For a list of all drivers visit: https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/setup
- First, plug in the printer using the power cord.
- Use the printer control panel to navigate through the settings, such as language, time, geographical location, etc.
- Set up the printer, by loading paper into the input tray, placing the cartridges in and then closing the cartridge tray, while leaving open the output tray.
Connecting your printer to the internet:
- Connect your printer to a wireless network through the display screen. Go to the setup icon and then choose the wireless settings, followed by the wireless setup wizard. Then connect by first selecting your LAN from the wireless networks detected by the printer and then entering your LAN’s password.
- Connect your computer to the same LAN as well
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the printer to the router.
Installing software drivers and connecting the device to the printer:
- Place the printer near the computer/mobile device etc.
- Download any necessary drivers from the HP website link: 123.hp.com. Check the printer’s model number, displayed on the printer control panel display and at the back of the printer as well. Enter this model number on the website. Alternatively, drivers can be installed from the CD installation software included in the printer’s packaging. For a list of the necessary setups visit: https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/setup
- Download the driver and run the setup file.
- Navigate through the setup menus until you reach the connection type menu: for wireless connection to the printer from your device choose the wireless option, else if you want to connect your device through a USB cable, select the USB option in the connection menu.
- The printer will automatically be discovered in the installation process after a connection type has been selected.