123.hp.com/setup HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 series setup guide, Install HP OJ 6970 Drivers,
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 series offer quite a variety of connectivity options including Ethernet, wireless, 2 USB ports, Wi-Fi Direct and Near field communication (NFC). Furthermore, mobile printings, as well as HP Instant Ink services, are also supported for this series.
Functions of this printer include printing, copying, faxing and scanning.
Additionally, an ADF and an output tray extender facilitate inputting and collecting pages. The control panel display further promotes activities.
For more information, please visit 123.hp.com.
The weight of the printer is around 8 kilograms, and the dimensions are 9.0×18.26×15.35 inches. Included in the packaging apart from the printer, are four cartridges: black, magenta, cyan and yellow, as well as a CD for software installation, the power cord, and the user manual.
- The printing technology is the HP thermal inkjet.
- Automated duplex printing is supported.
- The black and white draft quality printing speed is 30 pages per minute; while the color draft speed is up to 26 ppm (pages per minute).
- The black and white high-quality ISO printing speed is 20 pages per minute; while the color ISO printing speed is 11 ppm.
- The duty cycles are up to 20,000 pages per month.
- The black and white draft copying speed is 30 copies per minute; while the color copying speed is 24 copies per minute.
- Faxing transmission rate is 33.6 Kbps.
- The scanner types are an ADF and a flatbed. The size of the flatbed is 21.6 x 29.7 cm while the scan resolution is up to 1200×1200 dpi.
Setting up the printer:
For a list of all drivers visit: https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/setup
- First, plug in the printer using the power cord.
- Use the printer control panel to navigate through the settings, such as language, time, geographical location, etc.
- Set up the printer, by loading paper into the input tray, placing the cartridges in and then closing the cartridge tray, while leaving open the output tray.
Connecting your printer to the internet:
- Wireless connection:
- Connect your printer to a wireless network through the display screen. Go to the setup icon and then choose the wireless settings, followed by the wireless setup wizard. Then connect by first selecting your LAN from the broadcast networks detected by the printer and then entering your LAN’s password.
- Connect your computer to the same LAN as well
- Ethernet connection:
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the printer to the router.
Installing software drivers and connecting the device to the printer:
- Place the printer in close proximity to the computer/mobile device etc.
- Download any necessary drivers from the HP website link: 123.hp.com. Check the printer’s model number, displayed on the printer control panel display and at the back of the printer as well. Enter this model number on the website. Alternatively, drivers can be installed from the CD installation software included in the printer’s packaging. For a list of the necessary setups visit: https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/setup
- Download the driver and run the setup file.
- Navigate through the setup menus until you reach the connection type menu: for wireless connection to the printer from your device choose the wireless option, else if you want to connect your device through a USB cable, select the USB option in the connection menu.
- The printer will automatically be discovered in the installation process after a connection type has been selected.