Having trouble in logging in to McAfee account?
If you forget your email address and/or password of your McAfee account, you may follow the simple steps below to regain access to your McAfee account in a matter of minutes. To regain access and successfully log back into your McAfee account, follow the steps below.
Verify your email address:
Please follow the steps below if your browser is submitting the wrong information (email address and password) to the server. This is a local issue on your system and it can only be fixed by clearing the local data from your browser.
Firstly, clear your browser cache and cookies. This will ensure that the old data in your browser is not reused to log in to your McAfee account. After you clear the cache and the browser cookies, there will be no further conflicts while logging in to your McAfee account.
- Open the browser and then visit mcafee.com.
- Since you have cleared your browser cookies, you will be automatically logged out of the McAfee portal.
- Hover the mouse cursor over My Account and click on Sign In.
- If your password manager is displaying the stored email address in the email address field, delete it and then retype your email address.
- Enter your password and click on Log In.
- Please note that passwords are case-sensitive. Also, ensure that CAPS LOCK is not switched on while typing the password.
If you are still not able to log in to your McAfee account, then you may be typing a wrong password. In this case, follow the next procedure to reset your McAfee account’s password.
Recover your email address or reset McAfee account’s password:
If you have forgotten your account’s password, you can easily reset the password by following the steps below.
- Go to mcafee.com.
- Hover over My Account and then select My Account from the drop-down.
- If you have forgotten your email address, select Forgot Email Address. If you have forgotten your password, select Forgot Your Password.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password or recover your email address to log in to your McAfee account.
- After resetting your password, go to mcafee.com.
- Go to My Account and click on Sign In.
- Now, try to log in to your McAfee by entering the new password.
You will now be able to log in to your McAfee.
Note: If you are not receiving a password reset link to your email address, or if your email account is suspended and you can’t access it, then please contact McAfee customer service by following this link: https://service.mcafee.com/contact.