How do I know if my McAfee subscription is expired or active?
McAfee has provided an intuitive and easy approach to check and verify whether your McAfee subscription is expired or active. The process can be handled either through the browser or through your McAfee software that is installed in your operating system. In this guide, we will show you how to review and verify whether your McAfee subscription is expired or active using the simplest of procedures on both macOS and Windows OS.
To verify the state of your subscription with McAfee, please make sure to review your system date and time first. The following procedure will allow you to verify your subscription and guide you on how to renew your McAfee subscription if it has expired or neared the expiry date.
Reviewing your system date and time:
The first step to verifying your subscription is to recheck whether your system date and time are correct. If there is an incorrect date-time stamp on your system, then McAfee may display the wrong information related to the subscription. To review the system date and time, please follow the steps below:
- Head to the taskbar and open the clock by clicking on it.
- In the clock management screen, verify if your computer’s date and time are set accurately. If it is not set properly, then use the sliders and text fields to set the correct date and time.
- Make sure that you have selected the correct region where you belong.
- If you are on Windows 10, enable the auto date and time update option.
- Proceed to the next steps to know if your McAfee subscription is expired or active.
Review your McAfee subscription from your computer:
- Right-click on the McAfee M-Shield icon that is located on the taskbar of your operating system. It should be placed right next to the clock.
- If you are on a Mac computer, open it through McAfee security product for macOS. One such example is LiveSafe.
- If you cannot find it, click on the arrow button to the left to expand the taskbar and view the hidden icons.
- Click on Verify Subscription.
- If you are prompted to permit to make system changes, please allow the action.
- Your subscription information will be fetched from the server. It might take some time.
- You will now be able to see your subscription information, the status of your subscription, and the expiry date.
Review your McAfee subscription through a browser:
- Visit mcafee.com
- Go to My Account – > Sign In
- Enter your email address and password to sign in to your registered McAfee account.
- Click Log In. From the new page, go to My Account.
- Take note of the subscription information.
- On the McAfee software on your computer, click on the following:
- For macOS, click on the Account
- For Windows OS, click on My Info
- You may check and verify the expiry date and other subscription information from this page on your McAfee software.
Renewing your McAfee subscription:
In case your McAfee subscription has expired or you still have 30 days to renew it, you can renew your subscription for another year by following the steps below:
- Go to mcafee.com
- Click on My Account and log in. Follow the steps above to go to your account page.
- Now, select the computer that requires a renewal of service.
- In the details tab, click on Renew.
- Follow the steps as guided on the screen to successfully renew your McAfee subscription for the registered product.