How to configure mail in Outlook step by step guide
A Mail message generally consists of a message body, which is the text the sender wrote, and special data specifying recipients, transport medium, while Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft.
The Outlook is the type of Microsoft office suite which mainly includes email application with features like task manager, calendar, contact manager, note-taking, journal, and web browsing.
The configuration is a specific system that is arranged to do a particular task, but all the dependencies have to be installed.
There two main types of configuration manual and automatic.
It is when the device is not automated that is when manual configure is required.
Let us learn how to configure mail in Outlook.
How to configure mail in Outlook:
- The functional email address that has already been set up.
- You require email account data.
Method to configure mail in Outlook :
- Search Microsoft Outlook and Enter File on the menu.
- Under Account Information, Enter Add Account.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and Enter Next.
- Select POP or IMAP and Enter Next.
- Log in the User Information, Server Information (See below), and Logon Information.
- Click on the account type either POP3 or IMAP.
- If you would like to regain your email with POP3, choose the POP3 account type under Server Information and enter pop.ionos.com as the incoming mail server.
- See the illustration below for the IMAP settings:
- Your Name -The name of your choice that will be displayed on outgoing emails
- Email Address – the detail email address you are setting up in Outlook
- Account type – IMAP
- Incoming mail server – imap.ionos.com
- Outgoing mail server – smtp.ionos.com
- Username – full email address
- Password – your login password used during setting up the email address
- Avoid using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” to check logon.
- Enter More Settings.
- Under the Outgoing Server tab, check the outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
- Choose the menu item Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Enter OK.
- Create SSL settings for IMAP: Now switch to the Advanced tab.
- Select the data below for the Incoming and Outgoing mail servers.
Server Port Numbers :
- Arrival Mail Server (IMAP) 993 Encrypted Connection Type: SSL
- Way-out Mail Server (SMTP) 587 Encrypted Connection Type: TLS
SSL Settings for POP:
- Switch to the Advanced tab. Confirmed the box this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). Then enter the settings for the arrival and Way-out mail servers.
Server Port Numbers
- Arrival server (POP3) 995 This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Way-out server (SMTP) 587 Encrypted Connection Type: TLS
- Enter Next > Finish.
You have finished setting up your email account in Microsoft Outlook.