How to connect the Canon printer to a Chromebook – USB or Wireless?
In this article, we will see how can you connect the Canon printer to a Chromebook machine. This article will also help you to connect your Canon printer with Android devices. We will see the methods to connect the Canon printer on Chromebook, so let’s see.
You can connect the printer in two ways:
- Wired connection
- Wi-Fi connection (wireless connection)
How to connect Canon printer to a Chromebook through a wire:
- Connect the cable that comes from your printer to your Chromebook with a USB port.
- Now after connecting the cable, start or switch ON the printer.
- When everything look s ok then do the next step.
- Try to print the document.
- Select an appropriate printer when prompted before printing.
- Your printer should now be publishing the stuff you’ve just printed.
Connect Canon printer to a Chromebook through wireless.
- Connect your printer with the router.
- Press the WPS button, so it becomes discoverable by your Chromebook.
- Go to select printers in your Chromebook and search for available printers.
- If you see the name of your Canon printer, then you must select it.
- After the connection has done set the pages in page tray.
- Try printing now after all setup is done.
How to get Canon printer functional in Chromebook:
- Connect Canon printer with Chromebook using above any method.
- Look for the appropriate drivers on the Canon printer website
- Install the driver while the printer is connected to the system.
- When the installation is finished, try to print a test page from Microsoft Word or similar software for text processing.
- If this still does not work, you must look for architecture for which you installed your printer software.
- Maybe you have installed a 64-bit version of the software while your system is 32 bit or vice versa.
- In such a case, upon confirmation, if you believe you hav4e made a mistake selecting the architecture of software, you might need to uninstall the current software and install the supported software.
- Once done, your printer should be up and running.
What to do if the Canon printer still does not work:
- It might be a hardware issue in your Canon printer.
- Check for cable which you connected. If there are cable problems, signs of wear and tear can give a hint.
- In such a case, try replacing the cable.
- If your Canon printer is wireless, make sure you are using the same router to connect both printer and your computer.
- You can reboot pc and reset router settings, reconnect the printer with the router and try again.
I hope the article helped you connect and configure your Canon printer with the Chromebook.
If it still does not work, you may need to contact the system administrator or printer manufacturers.