How to install HP printer in Windows 10 S mode? | HP Smart App
In this article, we will see what Windows 10 S is and how we can get our printer working in the S model. Windows 10 S is Microsoft’s new lightweight version of Windows 10 Pro. It is mainly aimed at students. Travel trip portable laptops with windows mostly come with Windows 10 S installed. when we use Windows 10 S, we see that it does not support turn everyday applications like Windows 10 pro does. So, we’ll figure out today how to install a printer in Windows 10 S and use the drivers to print stuff in Windows 10 S.
What is Windows 10 S:
- It is a new operating system from Microsoft, targeted for students and teachers, who buy low budget PC. These are laptops with short and processors and a short amount of ram.
- Windows 10 S cannot install any 3rd party apps as we do in standard Windows 10 S.
- We need to download drivers and apps from the store only.
- It is the mobile edition of Windows 10 S.
How to install apps in Windows 10 S
- As we already mentioned, you can only install apps from Microsoft Store.
- you have to open the Microsoft Store search for the application you need and download it.
Steps to Install HP printer in Windows 10 S:
- There is an application named HP smart, this application is available in Windows Store.
- Now you have to open the Windows Store and search for HP smart application.
- Download HP smart from the store.
- Enter your Microsoft email ID and password
- HP smart will start downloading Please wait while it finishes installing.
- After completing the download open the HP smart application.
- If it opens successfully, you have installed HP smart, proper way.
- But if it fails to open, you have to re-download the application.
Troubleshooting HP smart app in Windows 10 S
- If you successfully installed HP smart app, try to print the network test report. if you do not get the report printed successfully, you might need to troubleshoot the printer.
- Check if all the cables related to printers are connected properly.
- Try rebooting your PC and printer both.
- Try printing again after your PC is rebooted.
- If this still does not work, you might need to reinstall Windows 10.
- You can also try to login with another Microsoft account, re-download the application from another account, and try printing again.
- If the printer still does not print, you might have to call the manufacturer to troubleshoot further.
Does install Windows 10 pro help?
- As you already discussed Windows 10, Pro is providing us more freedom to install applications compared to Windows 10 S.
- You have the option to upgrade to Windows 10 pro if your laptop came with pre-installed Windows 10 S.
- If an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, you can follow over another tutorial to install drivers in standard PC with windows.
- For Windows 10 pro, you can get drivers from anywhere. either from the HP website or CD.