How to set up an Epson printer as default printer on Windows PC
In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to set up an Epson printer as the default printer in your Windows operating system.
In the printing scenario, there may be several instances when an Epson printer may accidentally get its share of demotion from printing.
It may appear strange and funny, but due to an accidental configuration tweak or various other background technical linkups, a printer may no longer remain as the default printer anymore.
Since this happens in the background outside the user’s consciousness, he may be confused if the next print is not getting issued to his chosen printer in the network.
If that is the case happening with you too, then do not worry.
The fix to this default printing machine issue is so simple that all the headaches will clear away in the wink of an eye.
When you change your print settings in a program, the changes apply exactly while you are printing in that program session.
If you want to change the print settings you use in all of your Windows programs, you can select the new default print settings.
Set up an Epson printer as the default printer:
Steps to Follow:
The following methods will summarize how to set your Epson printer as the default printer across the various operating system versions that Epson printers still support.
- Windows 10: Right-click and then select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click on EPSON Universal Print Driver and select Print Preferences.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and then select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click on EPSON Universal Print Driver and then select Print Preferences.
- Windows 7: You may Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click EPSON Universal Print Driver and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows Vista: Click and then select Control Panel. Click the Printer under Hardware and Sound, right-click on EPSON Universal Print Driver, and then select Printing Preferences.
- Windows XP: Click on Start and then select Printers and Faxes. Right-click on EPSON Universal Print Driver and then select Printing Preferences.
You see the printer settings window.
Note: For more information about a setting, right-click on it, and select Help.
- You may select the print settings you want to use as defaults in all your Windows programs.
- Please make sure to select the appropriate option (it should appear as a checkbox) for selecting the printer as your default printer in Windows.
- Click on OK.
These settings are now the defaults selected as the printer for printing. If you have multiple printers connected to your network, the chosen Epson printer will be selected as the primary printer for handling any printing orders.
You can still change them as per the need for printing in any program session. This is the easiest procedure to set up an Epson printer as a default printer.