How to setup and use an HP Scanner with Mac OS?
This article has all the information necessary to set up and use an HP scanner on Mac OS. If you bought a brand new scanner from HP you may use this article at your disposal. This article will help you to find simple steps you need to use the HP scanner, install HP software, and Uninstalling the HP software when you don’t need it.
Download HP Scanner software in Mac OS:
- Lookup for the model number of your scanner. It might be in the documentation provided with your brand new HP scanner.
- Once you get the model number you have to open the support page of manufacturer i.e HP
- When prompted for the selection of the operating system, you have to choose the appropriate Mac OS that you have installed in your mac.
- Once the OS is selected and the product is selected too via model number, now your browser will be downloading a pkg or dmg extension file.
- Once the download is complete, you have to install that downloaded file.
Install HP scanner software on Mac OS.
- Open the download folder.
- Double click on the downloaded file.
- It will now show something like verifying, let the process finish.
- Once the process is finished, you will see the icon for the setup of your printer or your scanner.
- Open that icon with double click, proceed with the setup by reading the instructions on the screen.
- Click next and finish the setup.
- Now the installation of your brand new scanner is completed.
How to use a new scanner with Mac OS:
- There are various ways to use your scanner in the Mac, the best way to do this is to open Apple image capture software.
- Configure the image capture software according to your requirements. select resolution and select other appropriate options like page size picture quality at criteria and click scan.
- Now you will see the image will be captured and it is ready to be edited which 3rd party software.
Use HP Easy Scan app in Mac:
- Download the HP Easy Scan application on your Mac from the official HP website or from the Apple Store.
- Open the official HP easy scan application.
- Select options like scanning resolution, photo size, photo clarity, file name ET Cetera.
- Save the image with the name and extension as you want.
this is how you set up your new HP scanner in the mac for the first time
So in this article, you learned how to use your mac to capture images with a brand new HP scanner.
If your hp printer or scanner still does not work on Mac you have to contact your manufacturer for further troubleshooting.