HP Deskjet 3700 printer is offline, how do I fix this?
In this article, we will see steps for troubleshooting when your HP DeskJet 3700 printer is offline even if it is powered on. We will look at various ways to fix the situation and get your printer up and running back. These steps are inspired by the official HP DeskJet 3700 user’s manual, follow them carefully.
How to fix when HP Deskjet 3700 printer is offline:
List of possible problems
- Drivers are not installed
- Cable has broken
- Problem with the printer hardware
- Paper jammed
- Printer not clean from within
- The printer is not set as default printer
How to solve the HP Deskjet 3700 drivers problem:
- Whenever you buy a new printer say HP Deskjet 3700, whenever you connect it for the first time to your computer, we need to install the necessary drivers to get it running.
- You can download the drivers from the official HP website.
- Open the HP website.
- Open support page.
- Enter model number as HP Deskjet 3700.
- Choose your operating system.
- Download the drivers carefully.
- Ones HP Deskjet 3700 driver is downloaded you have to open the downloads folder and double click on the file that you just downloaded click next.
- Finish the setup and try rebooting your printer and computer both.
- After reboot attempted to print a test page.
- If your printer still does not work, you have to follow the next given troubleshooting guide in this article.
What to do if the cable is broken or how to check if the line is not connected correctly?
- Troubleshooting cable is straightforward.
- Use the original line that came with your HP Deskjet 3700 model.
- If you think your line is bent or it has the science of wear and tears you have to consider changing it.
- If you feel your line is proper, but it is still not working then you have to check if you have connected your bars with the ports correctly.
- Remove the line, clean the port with an air blower or something similar, and reconnect the cable connector properly in the port.
- Reboot your computer and printer both.
How to check if any paper is jammed in HP Deskjet 3700:
- Open the printer doors.
- You can see any pieces of paper is jammed.
- Remove the forms and clean the scattered ink.
- Put your cartridge back in and close your printer’s doors.
- Try printing something again.
- If still does not work, try rebooting your printer and computer both.
- If this still does not work, you might need to contact the manufacturer say HP.
How to check if the printer is default or not:
- Sometimes when the printer does not work, it may be with a silly fault that our printer is not selected as the default printer in our operating system.
- In such a case you have to choose your printer all the time manually.
- If you forget to choose your printer before you print anything, the printer will basically not work.
- To choose your default printer, you have to go to the control panel then in the devices and printers option you have to choose your printer to right-click on it and set as a default printer.
- If you have followed all steps given in this article and your HP Deskjet 3700 still does not work then you have to contact HP Printer Support.