Installing Norton 360
Since over three decades of consistent hard work and passion for innovation, Norton has developed a mighty brand reputation for its vast array of software and security services. If you own a Norton Software license, you are one of the luckiest customers to own incredible privileges and advantages over any other Total Security programs. In this article, we will cover installing Norton 360 Total Security for Windows Operating System.
How to install Norton 360:
Before beginning the procedure, please make sure that you have the latest version of Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (any license). The installation procedure is the same for all license variants of Norton 360 (Standard and Deluxe editions).
Uninstalling the previous version of Norton product:
- To remove the previous version of Norton 360 from your computer, you may visit: https://www.nortonsecurityonline.com/security-center/norton-removal-tool.html to download the Norton Removal and Reinstallation Tool.
- Once the tool is downloaded, click on it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Step for installing Norton 360:
- First, login or register for a new account with Norton at https://login.norton.com
- Enter the email address and the password of your registered Norton account. Click on login.
- You will be presented with your dashboard. Click on MY NORTON on the top corner of the window and then click on the DOWNLOAD button.
- Let the application download. Once downloaded, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and registration procedure.
Installing Norton Antivirus:
uninstalling the previous version of Norton Antivirus
You only need to follow this if you already have an existing Norton Antivirus installation on your system.
- Please click here to download the Norton Removal and Reinstallation Tool: https://www.nortonsecurityonline.com/security-center/norton-removal-tool.html
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Norton Antivirus from your system. If this process is incomplete, you won’t be able to install a newer version of Norton Antivirus on your system.
For installing Norton Antivirus, you need to follow the steps below:
- Click here to log in to your Norton Dashboard: com/setup
- Enter your login credentials or register for a new account. Once complete, the Norton Get Started page will display.
- Select the option, Download Norton.
- In the new window, select Agree & Download. Make sure that you have selected the button below Install on this Device
- The download will initiate and it will be available in your browser’s default download folder. Click on the installer file to run the installation process.
- A Windows User Account Control window will pop up. Make sure to select Yes option to authorize the installation.
- The window My Norton will display. Select the option Install to begin the installation procedure.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing Norton Antivirus.
- Once completed, the final slide will display with the message- ‘Communicating with the Norton server…’. Please be patient and allow the process to complete. Once this is finished, it will activate your Norton Antivirus license.
- The Norton interface will open. It will ask you whether you are interested in a quick tour. You may opt to choose it, or else you may exit the window and start your program.
The above steps will successfully complete installing Norton Anti Virus.
Troubleshooting problem with Norton :
Norton 360 or Norton Antivirus is not opening. How shall I fix it?
This is a common issue, especially on an outdated version of Windows OS. Please follow the steps below to fix the problem:
- Exit all running programs and disable startup items that are not required. Now restart the machine (not shut down). Restarting will do a full boot of Windows and load all the startup items from the beginning.
- If the above step doesn’t fix the issue, please follow the steps below.
- Download and install Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Norton’s official website.
- Find the downloaded installer from your browser’s default download folder.
- Run the program and follow the on-screen instructions to remove your current installation of Norton Antivirus or Norton 360.
- Once completed, restart the computer.
- After the Operating system loads completely, follow the steps given above to install either Norton Antivirus or Norton 360. You have to associate a license code or activate your product to use it at its full potential.
Norton is displaying the message “You are at Risk”.
If your Antivirus displays the above message, then one or more of the points below are valid:
- Your Norton Antivirus database is out of date. You need to update the database and require an active internet connection to do it.
- One or more of the active security tools like Auto-Protect, SONAR or Norton Firewall is disabled. You need to manually enable all the tools to remove the message.
- A routine scan was incomplete.
- Your subscription period has expired and you need to renew your license.
Norton auto-protect is turned off and not enabling:
To fix this error, you need to follow the steps below.
- In Norton 360, go to My Norton page and right next to Device Security, click Open.
- Click on Security and select LiveUpdate.
- Norton LiveUpdate will initiate. Allow the process to complete.
- You will be presented with the message- Your Norton product has the latest protection updates.
- Restart the computer.
If you still have any issues with Norton download and installation on Norton on your computer, you may call us at our Toll-Free no +1-806-553-6550.