Installing Webroot SecureAnywhere
If you want proper guidance in installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus, then this is the correct destination for you. We will guide you from the base and help you in installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus to provide the highest level of Antivirus security.
Webroot is a Colorado-based company that has been creating privacy and security software since 1997. It’s made some fascinating possessions throughout the years, including purchasing the UK-based PrevX in 2010, and today the company offers a wide range of home and business antivirus packages with the SecureAnywhere branding on them.
Having said that, Webroot SecureAnywhere is an immensely light tool with exact URL blocking and ground-breaking extra highlights. Considering all these highlights, Webroot functions admirably and runs marvelously on any operating system.
Installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus:
Please note that you need to uninstall any previous Antivirus programs from your operating system. If you did not install any Antivirus program yet, then you may skip the Uninstallation section in this tutorial and proceed with installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus.
Steps to uninstall any existing Antivirus program
- Look for the Search bar in the Windows taskbar and type in Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the option and you will be taken to a new window. Scroll down to the list of programs.
- Type in your Antivirus program’s name or search from the list. Then select Uninstall.
- The process will take a few minutes depending on the size of your Antivirus program and registry values. Follow the on-screen instructions (if any) and complete the uninstallation.
- Once uninstalled, restart your computer. This will ensure that any system registry item or the files are completely removed from the computer.
Once the above steps are complete, you may proceed to install Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus.
Installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
Please make sure to follow the steps carefully to install Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus on your computer.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum or recommended system requirements for installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus.
- Make sure your internet connection is active on your computer and keep the Antivirus activation code ready with you.
- Visit the official website of Webroot or click on this link to directly download Webroot Antivirus: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe
- BestBuy purchases need to be authenticated first. To download their installer, click here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/land-geeksquad-dl.html
- Once downloaded, double-click on the installer file to begin the installation process. You will be prompted for entering the keycode that you received during purchase.
- If you want to install to a different location or change package settings, please click on Installation Options at the bottom of the window.
- Select your preferred choice for these two options-
- Randomize the installed filename to bypass certain infections: It will randomize the serial of the installer file so that any existing malware may not affect the installation process of the Antivirus program.
- Protect the SecureAnywhere files, processes, and memory from modification: This option enables the CAPTCHA or self-protection signatures for the installer.
- Click on Agree and Install to install Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus. Click on Yes from the UAC Window.
- The installation process will begin. Please be patient while the installation completes.
- Once installation finishes, register yourself with your email address.
- Begin your first scanning process by authorizing a final agreement. When this completes, the main control panel of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus will open.
- During the scan, if the Antivirus program detects any threat, it will be quarantined to prevent the malware or virus to cause any further threat to your computer.
- Once the system is clean, the Antivirus Interface will display the message You are Protected.
- Restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus:
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is designed to function smoothly and efficiently on any computer irrespective of the system specifications. However, if you feel that certain programs are not functioning properly in your computer, then you must make sure that Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is not actively blocking any component of that program.
To analyze and fix this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus system tray icon in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar.
- In the submenu that appears, click on Shut Down Protection.
- If prompted whether you want to shut down the protection, confirm it by clicking
- Now, try to reopen the affected program and see if it performs optimally.
To manually activate Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus again, please right-click on the System tray icon and enable Protection.
If your application or program is still not working as expected, please make sure of the following:
- That certain files associated with the program is not Quarantined by Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
A quarantined file may mean that it can no longer be used by the associated program. If the threat is severe, you should not exempt it from quarantine.
- Find out whether the application has been actively blocked in Control Active Processes.
If you want to unblock the blocked application, then you are doing it at your own risk. Please do not unblock the application if it is detected to severely harm your computer.
If modifying the status of an item in the Control Active Processes fixes your issue, then it is not a problem with Webroot Antivirus. Therefore, you need not report it to the technical support of Webroot.