In this article, we are going to see various reasons why canon wireless printers stop working and how to troubleshoot them. We will be seeing how to set up a canon printer wireless for the first time, how to use the media that came with your printer, and how can we get the software for the Canon printer from the internet once you receive the printer.
We will see how to pair your printer with a router for wireless usage and with USB for wired usage. Tune in to our complete wireless canon printer guide to know A-to-Z about your canon wireless printer.
How to set up a Canon printer wireless for the first time:
- Connect the printer with a power cable.
- Turn it on
- The printer came with a wireless key that you can use to connect it with the router. Press it, an LED on the wireless button should glow.
- Now while the LED is glowing on the wireless button, go to your router and push the WPS key.
- If you do not know about the WPS key, we have got it covered in this article.
Connecting the Canon printer with the IP address:
When the printer is already connected to the router, you can connect your printer with an IP address.
You must go to your system settings and not down the printers IP address.
Which is the IP address you can connect any smartphone, tablets, or pcs with your printer
If you are using a smartphone, you can use the Canon application from play store to automatically identify the printer from the network
Once you are successfully paired with your printer, you are ready to go.
If you are still having trouble, you can use any other method available in this article.
What can go wrong in setting up the Canon Wireless Printer:
- The connection might fail due to mismatch or bad configuration of the IP address.
- The router may not have assigned valid IP to the printer.
- The printer is not powered correctly.
- There are fluctuations in router signal strength.
- The power cord is not delivering enough power to the printer.
- The printer is suffering from power fluctuations.
- Printer MAC address is somehow erased from within the printer because of which it may not connect to the router or may not connect the access code for cloud printing.
How to use WPS pin to pair the printer with PC:
WPS pin is almost the same as the method of WPS pin.
You just must flip your printer and it will have a sticker that says WPS pin and followed by an 8-digit number.
Just select the printer in your device manager and connect it with the WPS pin provided behind the printer.
Once you will input the pin you will see the printer is paired with the PC and you can test to print an image or word file of your choice to test the quality of printing and connection with the printer.
The above article is summarized to explain how the WPS is useful in the world of printers, or we can say the wireless world of the printers.