In this article, we are going to see a variety of software being used to scan documents with the use of your brand new scanner by Epson. We will see how to set up an Epson scanner, how to get scanner software, and how to scan your first document from the scanner. We will also see various ways of troubleshooting if you find any difficulty during scanning your first and foremost document.
What is a scanner:
- A scanner is an optical imaging device used for scanning papers and information on a flat surface.
- The scanner has a sensor which has almost the same working as a camera
- Scanner software differ functionality for various use cases
- It is also possible for a scanner to convert images into text.
How to set up an Epson scanner:
- Connect your cables to appropriate ports.
- Run the scanner.
- Install the Epson scanner software and driver in your PC,
- With the help of scanner software, try to scan your first-ever document.
How to get Epson drivers for a scanner:
- Go to the Epson support website
- If you do not have an Internet connection, you may also use the DVD that came with your scanner.
- Install the software.
- Your drivers will now be installed.
- For a detailed tutorial visit over other pages dedicated to Epson scanner driver installation.
Which scan software is compatible with the Epson scanner:
- Abbyy Finereader
- Epson scan easy
- Microsoft scan to pdf
- Apple images can
How to install Epson scan easy:
- Go to the Epson website.
- Try to look up for your model of the scanner.
- Go to its support page on the website.
- Find Epson scan easy software mentioned in the left corner of the website under the suggested section.
- Download the software.
- From the download, the folder opens the downloaded file as an administrator.
- Install the software according to the instructions provided in the setup window.
How to use Epson scan easy
- Find Epson scan easy app from the Start menu or the icon on the desktop.
- Click scan to the word button.
- Put the document in the scanner which you want to scan.
- Select clarity and resolution settings on the scanner.
- Click preview.
- Select the areas which you want to keep from the preview panel.
- If you do not select any size, all the rooms will be supported by default.
- Now click scan.
- The area was chosen, or the whole area will be converted into a word file.
- If you have any problem doing this, you can follow our upcoming section on troubleshooting.
Your scanner didn’t work? What can we do now?
- Check cables.
- Check if the scanner is turned on.
- Make sure there are no active scans currently running.
- If you just started the scanner a few seconds ago, give it some time to initialize.
- Once you give it time, try to scan again.
- If It still doesn’t work check for the device manager on your computer.
- If the drivers for the scanner are installed correctly, you might need to reinstall the scanner software.
- Upon reinstalling if the scanner still does not work, you might need to contact the system or scanner manufacturer for further assistant.
- You may follow up on our website about other articles on how to install and troubleshoot the Epson scanner in detail.