HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer series:
The HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer series allows easy, high-quality printing across all devices including mobile phones and tablets. The inclusion of smartphone printing has made it possible to print even if you are not connected to your home LAN and are on the go! Furthermore, this printer has options for multi-paper printing, as well as multiple page scanning, copying and faxing.
This printer also has a separate input tray for photo paper, so there is no need to switch between paper types on the input tray anymore!
The weight of the printer is 16.19 pounds, with the packaging it is about 20 pounds. Included in the packaging apart from the printer, are one color and black ink cartridge, as well as a CD for software installation, the power cord, and the user manual.
The CD included the HP printer software, HP photo creations, as well as the HP software update and the shop for supplies online software
- The printing technology is the HP thermal inkjet.
- Multiple-page printing, scanning, faxing and copying options.
- The duplex printing can be done automatically.
- The maximum fax memory is up to 100 pages, and the fax transmission rate is 4 seconds per page. Fax resolution is a maximum of 300 x 311 dots per image.
- The maximum resolution for black and white is 1200×1200 dpi, and that for color printing is 4800×1200 dpi
- The maximum black and white draft quality printing take 22 pages per minute; while the color draft version takes 21 ppm (pages per minute).
- The maximum black and white high-quality ISO printing speed is 14 pages per minute; while the color ISO printing speed is 9 ppm).
- There are two printer cartridges; one for black and the other for color.
- The scanner type is a flatbed; the scan resolution is up to 1200×1200 dpi.
- The copy resolution for greyscale is only 300×300 dpi, while that for color is 600×600 dpi.
The printer can be connected either through Wi-Fi or a wired Ethernet connection port at the back side of the printer. Furthermore, printing and other functions can be carried from your device over Wi-Fi or through a USB cable. Moreover, it is also possible in the HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer series to perform printing functions on the go, without connecting to the home LAN: you could directly email your attachment to your printer.
Setting up the printer:
- First, plug in the printer using the power cord.
- Use the printer control panel to navigate through the settings, such as language, time, geographical location, etc.
- Set up the printer, by loading paper into the input tray, placing the cartridges in and then closing the cartridge tray, while leaving open the output tray.
Connecting your printer to the internet:
- Connect your printer to a wireless network through the display screen. Go to the setup icon and then choose the wireless settings, followed by the wireless setup wizard. Then connect by first selecting your LAN from the wireless networks detected by the printer and then entering your LAN’s password.
- Connect your computer to the same LAN as well
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the printer to the router.
Installing software drivers and connecting the device to the printer:
- Place the printer near the computer/mobile device etc.
- Download any necessary drivers from the HP website link: 123.hp.com. Check the printer’s model number, displayed on the printer control panel display and at the back of the printer as well. Enter this model number on the website. Alternatively, drivers can be installed from the CD installation software included in the printer’s packaging.
- Download the driver and run the setup file.
- Navigate through the setup menus until you reach the connection type menu: for wireless connection to the printer from your device choose the wireless option, else if you want to connect your device through a USB cable, select the USB option in the connection menu.
- The printer will automatically be discovered in the installation process after a connection type has been selected.