As you already know, Mac OS is a very sophisticated operating system. when you buy a new HP printer and want to connect with macOS, you need to set it up for the first time, right? In this article, we’re going to see how exactly you install an HP printer on macOS Catalina 10.15. And we will see the ways of troubleshooting if you printed does not connect with macOS Catalina 10.15.
How to connect the HP printer on macOS Catalina:
- With USB port
- and With LAN cable
How do you install an HP printer on macOS via USB
- Connect your printer to the Mac.
- A prompt will come which will ask you to install necessary drivers.
- Proceed with installing drivers.
- In Mac OS word like the driver is not used, they call it an essential software package.
- After you are done with installing the necessary software, Mac will ask you to print the test file.
- If your printer fails, you might have to download and install the software from the HP website manually.
How to connect your HP printer with macOS via WiFi:
- Press WPS in the printer, notice that a page will print automatically.
- Go to wifi connection settings in macOS.
- Choose your printer and connect with the printed PIN provided.
- Your printer now should be associated with macOS.
- You can try printing a word file, PDF, or image file now.
- If it doesn’t work, you might need to check if the downloaded printer utility is compatible or not.
- If your software is not compatible with your printer, it may stop working.
- But If you believe you have chosen the correct software, you can try contacting the manufacturer for further support.
What is the Airprint utility:
- Airprint is a wifi protocol used by Apple to pair the printer with their devices.
- The airport has different types of encryptions incorporated within the functionality of a wireless printer.
- If you bought an airport compatible printer, you don’t need to use any drivers or third party software to connect your printer with macOS Catalina.
- If you own a printer with airport compatibility, you do not need to check for software updates in your mac system settings.
How to connect the printer with LAN cable on macOS Catalina:
- Some of the HP printers come with a cable interface to the computer.
- If your pc does not have an ethernet port, you can use USB to RJ45 interface to connect to your printer.
- You can also connect your printer to the router and use it from any device associated with that router.
- To join the HP printer with LAN on a macOS Catalina PC, plug it.
- Go to mac system settings and check for a system update.
- An HP printer software update should pop up. Download that update and enjoy your printer!