In this article, we will see how built-in tools from windows can help in troubleshooting when the printer gets offline.
When to use a Windows printer troubleshooter?
- Suppose you are new to the computer. You do not have any idea about words like a driver, software, internet, or download; you can use Windows troubleshooter to identify the problem quickly and understandably.
- This is the first choice for people who do not have basic knowledge or expertise about computers
- This does not require you to download any software or connect to the internet
Where to find a troubleshooter to solve printer problem:
- In older windows, you can find windows troubleshooter in the start menu.
- In Windows 10 open start and type printer troubleshooting.
- It will provide you available tools in windows that will help you to troubleshoot windows.
- Run the app as a computer admin to execute an operation without any problems.
How to solve printer problem with Windows troubleshooter:
- Open Control Panel and then open devices
- Open your printer from the drop-down menu list.
- Check the status of print jobs.
- If there is any pending job in the printer, you can delete them and try printing again.
- If there is no print pending you can choose to troubleshoot the option.
- It will show a progress bar and will find the actual problem that is bothering your printer and stopping it from printing any pages.
- If troubleshooting results with driver error you might need to follow the next steps.
What to do if troubleshooter end with “driver unavailable” error:
- You have to connect to the internet and download the fresh new drivers from the HP website.
- Install those drivers and try printing again.
- If the printer still does not work, you might need to uninstall drivers entirely and install new drivers from scratch.
- Try printing after the driver is updated.
- If your printer still does not work, try running the troubleshooter again.
- It may be a hardware problem if the printer is still not able to print anything.
What to do if troubleshooter end with paper jam error:
- Open your printer door and look for any stuck papers inside.
- Clean the cartridge and put it back in the printer.
- Try turning on the printer and test print a page to know if the problem is gone.
- If this still does not work, you might need to contact the manufacturers of the printer.
What to do if troubleshooter end with driver corrupted error
- Check for windows update.
- Install any available updates.
- See if the problem is gone by running the troubleshooter again.
What to do when troubleshooter does not find any error at all
- Check wire if it has any signs of wear and tear.
- Check power cord connection with both printer and wall outlet.
- Check for any jams or supply problems in the printer.
- Check the cartridge ink amount is sufficient for printing.