In this article, I will show you the printer specifications, functionality and step by step guide to setup HP Envy 4520 printer to Wifi with your PC. You can also create an HP Instant Account to receive ink at home at a discounted price.
Contact our Expert Technician at +1-806-553-6550 for a free printer setup guide.
HP Envy 4520 printer Description:
The HP ENVY 4520 series has a glossy surface and a compact well-integrated design. This printer supports printing, copying, scanning and printing photos functions. However, options for faxing is not available. This printer also supports the HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app for printing on-the-go.
Automatic Duplex-page printing is also available. There is also an auto-deploying output tray; this allows pages to be collected neatly on the output tray and not fall on the floor. Another versatile feature is the quiet mode: this allows using the printer with minimal noise!
Warranty and packaging:
The weight of the printer is about 12 pounds, with the packaging it is 14.23 pounds. The dimensions of the printer are 17.52 x 14.45 x 5.04 inches. The display control panel is 2.2 inches diagonally. Included in the packaging apart from the printer, is one color and black ink cartridge each, (these would last about 290 pages in total), as well as a CD for software installation, the power cord, and the user manual.
The CD includes the HP printer software, HP photo creations, as well as the HP software update.
There is a 1-year hardware warranty upon purchasing.
- The printing technology is the HP Thermal Inkjet.
- Duplex printing can be done automatically.
- Printing on-the-go is supported through the HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app.
- There is one input tray (capacity is approximately 100 pages) and a 25 sheet auto-deploying output tray: this prevents pages from falling on the floor.
- Quiet mode is available
- The duty cycle of 1000 pages per month.
- The maximum resolution for black and white when printing from a computer is 1200×1200 dpi and that for color printing is 4800×1200 dpi.
- There are two printer cartridges; one for black and the other for color.
- It supports a 2.0 USB port and a Wi-Fi 802.11 n port.
- The maximum greyscale draft quality printing speed is 20 (ppm) pages per minute; while the color draft printing speed is 16 ppm.
- The printing rate of greyscale, normal quality pages is 9.5 ppm while that for color pages is 6.8 ppm.
- The maximum time it takes to print a greyscale page in high quality after sending the print request is 18 seconds while the time for a high-quality color page is 20 seconds.
- The scanner type is a flatbed, and the resolution is 1200 dpi.
- The copy resolution is 600×300 dpi for both black and color text.
How to Setup HP ENVY 4520 printer to Wifi :
Setting up the printer:
- First, plug in the printer using the power cord.
- Use the printer control panel to navigate through the settings, such as language, time, geographical location, etc.
- Set up the printer, by loading paper into the input tray, placing the cartridges in and then closing the cartridge tray, while leaving open the output tray.
Connecting your printer to the internet:
- Connect your printer to a wireless network through the display screen. Go to the setup icon and then choose the wireless settings, followed by the wireless setup wizard. Then connect by first selecting your LAN from the broadcast networks detected by the printer and then entering your LAN’s password.
- Connect your computer to the same LAN as well
- Ethernet connection:
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the printer to the router.
Software and drivers for HP Envy 4520 printer:
- Place the printer near the computer/mobile device etc.
- Download any necessary drivers from the HP website link: 123.hp.com. Check the printer’s model number, displayed on the printer control panel display and at the back of the printer as well (HP ENVY 4520 series). Enter this model number on the website. Alternatively, drivers can be installed from the CD installation software included in the printer’s packaging.
- Download the driver and run the setup file.
- Navigate through the setup menus until you reach the connection type menu: for wireless connection to the printer from your device choose the wireless option, else if you want to connect your device through a USB cable, select the USB option in the connection menu.
- The printer will automatically be discovered in the installation process after a connection type has been selected.
I hope this article was helpful in set up your HP Envy 4520 printer to Wireless or USB.
If you still any help with installing your printer wirelessly you can contact our expert technician at +1-806-553-6550.