How to use HP print and scan doctor to fix printer issues?
In this article, we will see how HP’s tool helps us to repair offline or damaged printer problems. We will see what HP print and scan doctor is, how to use it, and in what cases we can use the tool successfully.
What is the HP print and scan doctor:
- It is a tool designed and created by HP to identify and solve printer problems.
- This tool can be used by new people who do not have enough experience in printers or computers.
- This tool is the easiest way to get a printer up and running without having an adequate amount of experience or knowledge.
- Very easy to use tool helps us to determine the exact problem that your printer or computer might be facing while printing the document.
How to get HP print and scan doctor:
- Go to the official HP website and search for our printer in the search field.
- HP will suggest you download HP print and scan doctor.
- Download the tool and follow the instruction.
- Accept the license agreement if prompted.
- Save the setup file somewhere safe.
- Open the form you just downloaded.
- Click next and agree on the license agreement once prompted.
- Click next.
- finish the setup.
- reboot your computer.
How to use print and scan doctor to fix HP printer:
- Open HP’s tool from the desktop or start print and scan doctor.
- Connect your printer.
- HP’s tool will now analyze your computer and printer for errors.
- When there is an error shown in the device, it will provide you with possible solutions.
- Follow the guidelines that the device suggests.
What to do if it does not find any problem:
- You might have a hardware failure
- You might not have correctly installed HP print and scan doctor
- There might be a compatibility problem with HP print and scan doctor and your operating system
- You might be using Linux and downloading drivers for windows 10, which may result in confirmed failure of installation
- There might be broken cable
What to do if it does not detect the printer:
- Check printer power and data cable for signs of wear and tear.
- Check if the cable is plugged into the system properly.
- Check if the printer is powered on.
- Check for the main switch that the printer relates to.
- Check If the operating system is installed correctly on your computer.
What to do if it finds drivers error:
- Download the appropriate driver for you automatically once it detects the driver-related error.
- Download and install the drivers according to the instruction provided by the HP print and scan tool.
- After the installation is complete reboot the computer.
- Try printing something again.
- If the printer still doesn’t work, you might need to contact the manufacturer for further support.
Watch this video for step by step guide:
Video Credit – HP printer support